Tuesday, October 13, 2015

My Quest to 50 +1, 13 Down 37 More to Go (Maine)

My Quest to 50+ 1


13 Down 37 More to Go
Maine (Mount Desert Island Half) 13.1 Miles

In just 5 days I will be running my 14th State on my Quest to 50, and this will be my 22nd Half Marathon.  Doesn’t seem like much for a lot of runners out there but I try to pace myself in doing long races to prevent injury.  I will be running in Maine, the Mount Desert Island Half Marathon.  I will be running for the charity group Operation Jack which is a charity group for Autism, their mission is to encourage parents, relatives and friends of those struggling with autism to find a positive outlet by leading an active lifestyle that promotes awareness and raises funds for autism-related charities. I am looking forward to meeting the group that is part of this charity.
I will be heading to Maine a few days before the race so I can go hike at Acadia National Park which is on my bucket list of one of the national parks to visit so I’m excited about that.
I hear this race is a hilly course from those who have ran it before, I’m hoping to set a PR for this half if the hills aren’t too bad and if I’m feeling healthy, feeling a cold coming on (achoo).I’ve been training for the NYC Marathon which is just a couple of weeks away so distance won’t be an issue just have to worry about speed and hills. This past weekend I completed a half marathon in Brooklyn and then ran 3 miles afterwards which totaled 16 miles and the next day went hiking which included some rock climbing and I recovered pretty well.
Here are some pictures from this weekend’s activities.



1 comment:

  1. Inspirational Daisy! I would like to run a half marathon in each state, too! Although I have run quite a few in NY, I have only run one in Baltimore, MD and one in Long Branch, NJ. 47 more states to go!

    ReplyDelete