Friday, September 16, 2016

My Quest to 50+1 Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened!- Dr. Seuss



It saddens me to say Chicago will have to wait for me for another year. My 5th Marathon will have to be put on hold and my Quest for 50 (15th state) well another time. This week I deferred my Chicago race for 2017. I’ve had goals on my mind in kicking that course behind and setting a new record.  I’ve had some obstacles that were stopping me in giving my best and training my best.  From rolling my ankle back in June, I was able to continue and train for my triathlon but had to slow down on my running and 3 weeks ago after a 14 mile ok run, wasn’t my best long run I was stretching and I strained my hip flexor. I rested after that and then ran again 15 miles with minimal pain then again 16 miles the week after. I decided to let myself fully heal I had to completely stop. I have been going to therapy twice a week and will take a few weeks off from running maybe few months depending how long it takes to heal.  I've had seen numerous time people running through pain and injuries and not be able to race again or run without pain. I’m bummed out that I am not running Chicago but I know my training wasn’t the greatest to give it my all and PR. Why even go run a race and risk further injury that I know I wasn't going to give my best in. I say alot when I take classes and I'm hurt or sore I don't like to half ass anything. It's give it my all or nothing. 

I will be sticking to low impact activities; boxing swimming, biking, rowing, strength training and I will add yoga into my routine.
Although my race season is over this year, I am happy what I have accomplished one of my biggest goals this year and that was to become a triathlete, completed 2 triathlons this year and I am so proud of how far I have come on my swimming and biking. I still need work on my swimming but I know I will get there and put in the work.  I will focus on healing; strengthening and I will come back next year stronger and faster.
Good luck to everyone running their first races, big races this year. I will be on the sidelines cheering everyone on for NYC Marathon.
Here are a few highlights from my race season, more so my triathlon year.

 


 

 

  




Until next Happy Running, Swimming, Biking!

No comments:

Post a Comment