Wednesday, August 1, 2012

MY QUEST TO 50
4 Down 46 To Go

18 DAYS TO PROVIDENCE, RHODE ISLAND


NYC Marathon training has officially begun and I am 18days away from my next Half Marathon in Providence, Rhode Island. This past weekend I had my first Long Training Run in Central Park with the NY Road Runners Club, we had an option of 4 different distances (6miles, 11miles, 16miles and 20miles). Since I just started training 2weeks ago I went for the 11mile distance, it was tough with the hills in Central Park and the humidity didn’t help too much along with a 7am start, sooo not a morning person. My knee started to bother a bit toward the second lap in the park but I conquered the hills and finished strong. My friend and I even took a picture while tackling mile 9-10 looking strong.

After any exercise don’t forget to stretch and when I get home I use a foam roller where you can also find at your gym to massage your muscles. 



Until Next Time, Happy Running!!

No comments:

Post a Comment